The County shall amend the Non-Coastal and Coastal (if applicable) Zoning Ordinances to ensure compliance with State law as follows:
- Allow “low barrier navigation center” emergency shelters by right in mixed-use zones and nonresidential zones permitting multifamily uses.
- Define supportive and transitional housing as set forth in Government Code section 65582(g) and Health and Safety Code section 50801(i), respectively, and allow for transitional and supportive housing as a residential use in all zones allowing residential uses, subject only to the requirements applied to other residential uses of the same type in the same zone.
- Allow for residential care facilities of six or fewer to be regulated in the same manner as a single-family dwelling unit in all zones where single-family dwelling units are allowed.
- Ensure the permitting requirements and necessary findings for residential care facilities for 7 or more persons are consistent with state law and fair housing requirements.
- Amend the Non-Coastal Zoning Ordinance to align with requirements for permitting emergency shelters as described in Government Code section 65583(a)(4).
- Ensure the permitting requirements and necessary findings for reasonable accommodations are consistent with state law and fair housing requirements.
TIMEFRAME AS CERTIFIED BY THE CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
December 2022 (Local adoption; Coastal Commission Certification in 2023)